Business Analyst Role
- Scoping, feasibility study and solution option analysis and expert documentation
- Capture and document requirements for website, ecommerce and integration specifics, information architecture and assisting in the delivery of the solution to meet client’s business requirements and producing functional specification
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions through formal and informal meetings and workshops
- Documenting business requirements, business cases and functional specification
- Lead discovery analysis and subsequent requirements gathering that support the strategy and objectives contained in the brief
- Create any supporting documentation necessary to communicate detailed requirements to the development teams
- Support the RFI and RFP process and take responsibility for it at pre-sales stage
- Requirements traceability to manage scope creep
- Evaluate potential software solutions and the system architecture to ensure that they meet client requirements
- Create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs
- Supporting clients in understanding relative priority of requirements, and proposing phasing options to help the clients achieve its objectives
- Requirements are clear, unambiguous and thorough, enabling development teams to deliver with minimal wasted effort
- Supporting testers and developers in understanding requirements.
- Supporting internal testing and QA
- Conduct and support super user/train-the-trainer training activities
- To evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile
- Creates and manage test plans and test scripts
- Support business owners with the UAT process
- Minimum of 5 of experience gathering requirements, conducting business analysis and writing business requirements
- A minimum of 5 years experience of hybris, Demandware, Magento or other similar platforms
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst in an eCommerce and/or retail environment.
- Experience of working with 3rd parties
- Excellent understanding of data models and the relationship between data and processes
- Project Management knowledge, stakeholder management with a good understanding of Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to manage 2+ client relationships
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude working in high stress situations with challenging personalities
- Experienced trainer, facilitator and communicator who keeps up to date industry advances
- Experience with UI/UX and Creative requirements capture and documentations
- Significant experience of working in a Business Analyst role, having previously successfully delivered a number of robust, efficient solutions involving complex multi-system dependencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Significant experience of modelling and communicating business process and solution approach to varying audiences
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations and controlling project scope
- Understanding of web development architecture and technologies
- An industry recognised qualification in Business Analysis
- UML experience and use of Process Modeling tools
ABOUT BORN GROUP
BORN is a multi-channel content and commerce solutions company operating in the USA (NYC, SFO, Montreal), Europe (London) and Asia (Singapore, HK, India). We are 512 highly motivated and dedicated people serving over 100 clients. We produce compelling, content in a variety of forms across a multitude of channels, from publishing to point of sale, through packaging, digital, social and mobile. Our globally balanced production services have a history of excellence dating back to 1987. We also make content transactional – via ecommerce.
Our vision is to provide tangible value to the business of our clients through high impact marketing solutions, by providing consulting services, enabling commerce and producing rich media, local and social content.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?