Purpose of the Role
Born London Limited (Born) is looking for a E-Commerce Business Analyst to join its award-winning team, reporting into Director of E-Commerce Projects. This is a key position in the analysis and design of business requirements and the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and documenting client business requirement needs. The Business Analyst also provides technical support, participates in solving business problems, and may provide project management.
• Scoping, feasibility study and solution option analysis and expert documentation
• Capture and document requirements for website, ecommerce and integration specifics, information architecture and assisting in the delivery of the solution to meet client’s business requirements and producing functional specification
• Conduct requirements gathering sessions through formal/informal meetings and workshops
• Documenting business requirements, business cases and functional specification
• Lead discovery analysis and subsequent requirements gathering that support the strategy and objectives contained in the brief
• Create supporting documentation necessary to communicate detailed requirements to the development teams
• Support the RFI and RFP processes and take responsibility during the pre-sales stage
• Requirements traceability to manage scope creep
• Evaluate potential software solutions and the system architecture to ensure that they meet client requirements
• Create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs
• Supporting clients in understanding relative priority of requirements, and proposing phasing options to help the clients achieve its objectives
• Requirements are clear, unambiguous and thorough, enabling development teams to deliver with minimal wasted effort
• Supporting testers and developers in understanding requirements.
• Supporting internal testing and QA
• Conduct and support super user/train-the-trainer training activities
• To evaluate and reconcile information gathered from multiple sources
• Create and manage test plans and scripts
• Support business owners throughout the UAT process
• Minimum of 5 of experience gathering requirements, conducting business analysis and writing business requirements
• A minimum of 5 years experience of Hybris, Demandware, Magento or other similar platforms
• Experience of working as a business analyst in an Ecommerce and/or retail environment.
• Experience of working with third parties
• Excellent understanding of data models and the relationship between data and processes
• Project and stakeholder management knowledge, with a good understanding of the following methodologies:
• Experienced trainer, facilitator and communicator who keeps up to date industry advances
• Experience with UI/UX and Creative requirements capture and documentations
• Significant experience of working in a Business Analyst role, having previously successfully delivered a number of robust, efficient solutions involving complex multi-system dependencies.
• Significant experience of modelling and communicating business process and solution approach to varying audiences
• Experience managing stakeholder expectations and controlling project scope
• Understanding of web development architecture and technologies
• An industry recognised qualification in Business Analysis
• UML experience and use of Process Modelling tools
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
• Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Strong ability to manage multiple client relationships
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude working in high stress situations with challenging personalities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Born is a multi-channel content and commerce solutions company operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia. With over 512 highly motivated and dedicated people serving in excess of 100 clients. Born produces compelling, content in a variety of forms across a multitude of channels, from publishing to point of sale, through packaging, digital, social and mobile. Born also make content transactional – via Ecommerce.
Born operates a globally balanced production services model, with a heritage of excellence dating back to 1987.
Our vision is to provide tangible value to the business of our clients through high impact marketing solutions, by providing consulting services, enabling commerce and producing rich media, local and social content.
Born is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?