Digital Art Director
In this role you will be responsible for owning the overall user experience of assigned programs of work from start to finish, leading project teams, and supporting the business development team on a variety of high-profile projects and pitches.
Applicants should have experience driving key UX processes and trends as well as an ability to guide their teams to project completion. We are looking for energetic and talented candidates who have a portfolio of standout work under their belts. If you consider yourself an innovative visual “storyteller”, a thinker AND a doer, and looking to join a fast moving, collaborative team of eCommerce experts – you are going to love being a part of the team!
- Lead teams in solving clients’ UX challenges, build strong client relationships, and communicate UX deliverables clearly and succinctly
- Think holistically about the experience and collaborate with production and cross-functional teams to ensure the brand message is at the forefront of all content and campaigns.
- Deliver design solutions that establish an aspirational and emotional bond between user and system while overtly and clearly communicating the intended message and motivating consumers to carry out their tasks.
- Oversee creative work execution through implementation, adhering to creative direction, requirements, timelines, and budgets.
- Design innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Contribute to the creation of innovative (digital and physical) concepts through active participation in various idea-generating design sessions.
- Ensure a consistent and coherent brand message across all forms of communication and digital experiences.
- Deliver formidable designs rooted in consumer insights.
- Stay current and strategically employ the latest industry and design trends to continuously improve aesthetic and production processes.
- Contribute to a fluid and scalable design system of style guides, pattern libraries and other brand-specific components – establishing a vision for various components fit together to deliver a cohesive and clearly identifiable brand experience.
- Design visual artifacts including, but not limited to mood boards, concept “sketches”, comps, storyboards, animation, print material, apparel designs, and presentations.
- Assist the business development team in client-facing pitches, deck creation, estimations, and proposals
- Communicate with staff to provide direction, feedback, and design decisions
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, including client management
We’d like you to have:
- 10 years professional experience (or equivalent post-graduate education) in Creative Design, Interactive Design, Digital Media, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in fine arts or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- E-commerce experience is required.
- Exceptional digital design portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking and ability to define aesthetic for connected experiences.
- Master of color, composition, type, form and narrative.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks (ad hoc and/or planned) in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile development environment.
- Ability to manage complex content schedules and deliver projects on time and on budget; be reliable and react quickly and smoothly to changes.
- Experience supervising and mentoring a team include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Expert knowledge of creative design and development process.
Think you've got what it takes?