Front End Developer
BORN Group is looking for a Front End Developer!
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3+
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of command line build utilities and task runners like npm, grunt, and gulp
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, SVN – BORN uses git on the most regular basis
- Good understanding of SEO and optimization principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Work with tech leads, the UX team and designers to develop methodologies and practices for innovative, interactive technologies.
- Collaborate with designers and back-end developers to develop consumer-driven, user integrated e-commerce websites.
- Help prepare production documents (Photoshop templates, etc.) and translate PSDs into valid, semantic HTML templates with the help of tech leads and designers.
- Facilitate and introduce new feature sets based on designs coming from creative.
- Prepare front-end templates to provide progressive enhancement for modern browsers, and graceful degradation for older browsers, within technical specifications and whenever possible.
- Document all processes and steps taken when writing new functionality and/or plug-ins, and prepare effective tutorials to share abilities/processes wit the rest of the development team.
- Execute/troubleshoot any front-end technical or performance issues that may arise.
- Work with the creative team and tech leads to prepare a calendar/schedule of deliverables for assigned projects, and maintain constant updates and compliance to these schedules.
- Monitor and ensure quality assurance across all platforms, devices and browsers detailed in the technical specification of each project.
- Ability to drive the product forward and ensure it’s end state satisfies the client’s requirements.
- Contribute to, iterate on, or initiate the creation of one net new reusable asset, tool, or build process per quarter
- Lead the integration effort of (at least) one third party integration per quarter and escalate issues to tech leads in a timely and efficient fashion, communicating shortcomings to client in a professional manner while helping to foresee and circumvent complexities/blockers
- Participate in the creation of case studies for projects you participate in/on – providing insight into what went right, what went wrong, and what areas could use improvement
- Complete one certification course for a target technology (preferably Demandware)
- Identify one extracurricular activity for your team per quarter (meetup, conference) to participate in and create some form of report post-attendance to share with the rest of the team or the whole company
- Positively impact our culture of trust, respect, teaching, learning, humor and humility.
Think you've got what it takes?