Front End Developer Lead
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
BORN North America are looking for a Front-End Developer Lead to join their award winning digital team reporting into the Creative Director. The purpose of the role is to actively participate in the delivery of projects and to manage the front-end development group based in North America. In this role the individual will actively participate in delivery, quality assurance, and the growth of the front-end group.
- Work with tech leads, the UX team and designers to develop methodologies and practices for innovative, interactive technologies.
- Collaborate with designers and back-end developers to develop consumer-driven, user integrated e-commerce websites.
- Help prepare production documents (Photoshop templates, etc.) and translate PSDs into valid, semantic HTML templates with the help of tech leads and designers.
- Facilitate and introduce new feature sets based on designs coming from creative.
- Prepare front-end templates to provide progressive enhancement for modern browsers, and graceful degradation for older browsers, within technical specifications and whenever possible.
- Document all processes and steps taken when writing new functionality and/or plug-ins, and prepare effective tutorials to share abilities/processes wit the rest of the development team.
- Execute/troubleshoot any front-end technical or performance issues that may arise.
- Work with the creative team and tech leads to prepare a calendar/schedule of deliverables for assigned projects, and maintain constant updates and compliance to these schedules.
- Monitor and ensure quality assurance across all platforms, devices and browsers detailed in the technical specification of each project.
- Ability to drive the product forward and ensure it’s end state satisfies the client’s requirements.
EXPERIENCE & SKILL-SET
- 4-6+ years experience in front-end coding and/or other coding disciplines
- Experience working on e-commerce projects
- Experience in managing and growing a team is a plus.
- Experience working directly with clients
- An eagerness to learn and teach new disciplines, methodologies, stay up to date with the community and develop best practices.
- Handle security, infrastructure, architecture tasks
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Magento, Demandware, or Hybris experience a plus
- Industry foresight
- Peer recognition
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related. Masters Degree preferred.
Think you've got what it takes?