Front End Developer (Magento)
BORN are looking for a Front End Developer (Magento) to join our team, working in our office located in London. If you are an expert Front End Developer, willing to push the boundaries of your knowledge and drive your career forward working for a Global Elite Magento partner we want to hear from you.
BORN has a unique blend of Commerce, Creative and Content experts and your role will be to lead the technical solutionizing for our clients from our continually increasing and varied portfolio spanning many industries and sectors.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3+
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of command line build utilities and task runners like npm, grunt, and gulp
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools – git
- 2-3 years experience with React/Redux/Vue/Angular is a major plus
- 1-2 years experience building custom Page Builder content types as site components
- Experience with PWA implementations or SPA integrations into Magento or other platforms as API
- Work with tech leads, the UX team and designers to develop methodologies and practices for innovative, interactive technologies.
- Collaborate with designers and back-end developers to develop consumer-driven, user integrated e-commerce websites.
- Help prepare production documents (Photoshop templates, etc.) and translate PSDs into valid, semantic HTML templates with the help of tech leads and designers.
- Facilitate and introduce new feature sets based on designs coming from creative.
- Prepare front-end templates to provide progressive enhancement for modern browsers, and graceful degradation for older browsers, within technical specifications and whenever possible.
- Document all processes and steps taken when writing new functionality and/or plug-ins, and prepare effective tutorials to share abilities/processes wit the rest of the development team.
- Execute/troubleshoot any front-end technical or performance issues that may arise.
- Work with the creative team and tech leads to prepare a calendar/schedule of deliverables for assigned projects, and maintain constant updates and compliance to these schedules.
- Monitor and ensure quality assurance across all platforms, devices and browsers detailed in the technical specification of each project.
- Ability to drive the product forward and ensure it’s end state satisfies the client’s requirements.
Headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Hong Kong and Chennai, BORN has been pioneering industry-defining solutions since its formation in 1984. The company’s expert personnel and wholly-owned, purpose-built facilities enable it to provide truly integrated solutions spanning commerce, creative and content.
Working with many Blue chip clients, BORN is a dynamic working environment and a culture of entrepreneurship , flexibility, and respect. BORN is an exciting, fulfilling place to learn, develop and fulfill potential with a likeminded team of passionate, professional and talented BORN’ies.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?