Front-End Web Developer
BORN is looking for a skilled full-time Front-End Developer to join our agency. You’ll be working alongside visual designers, interactive designers and software engineers under the direction of our Technical Leads.
- 4-5 years experience developing standards-based, semantic and well-formatted HTML and CSS
- Experience translating PSD comps and annotated wireframes into flexible, well thought out HTML templates
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues, from IE7 and Firefox 3.5 to all modern browsers
- Familiarity with usability guidelines and W3C AAA accessibility standards
- Familiarity with basic PHP structure / syntax
- Very comfortable with version control concepts and software (specifically SVN)
- Strong knowledge of WordPress
- Comfortable working closely with a UX/IA team
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available to work on site
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related. Masters Degree preferred.
- Solid experience with the Magento Platform
- Right at home working within MVC frameworks and CMS platforms
- Comfortable (and maybe a little uncomfortable!) working with Flash and ActionScript
- Hands-on experience with server-side scripting (PHP, Python, etc)
- Familiarity with the Google Maps API
- Interactive web agency experience
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications.
Think you've got what it takes?