Senior eCommerce Project Manager
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
BORN London are looking for a Senior Ecommerce Project Manager to join their award winning Ecommerce team reporting into Director of Ecommerce Projects. The purpose of the role is to manage multiple complex ecommerce projects from the scoping stage through to delivery. You will liaise closely with the client updating them on the progress of work while overseeing a team of on-site and offshore information architects, designers, developers and testers executing the work.
This role will suit someone who is flexible, dynamic and experienced in stakeholder management, as the role will require working on a variety of different projects.
- Hybris or similar platform B2B and B2C implementations
- Responsible for project scoping, requirements gathering and running requirements gathering workshops
- Creates and executes project work plans and timelines and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Work closely with UX and Tech Leads and Creative teams to monitor and ensure that all project documentation is being produced, reviewed, approved and distributed in a timely manner
- Manage project scope, identifying, defining and communicating risks and change requests, before taking appropriate action to minimise impact on the project success
- Support the pre-sales team and produce project statement of works and other documentations
- Accountability for the quality and effectiveness of project management materials in all aspects of the project, such as status reports, project plans, meeting minutes and other project documentation
- Focus on prevention of slippage and overrun. Early identification of risk with suitable and proactive mitigation plans that are actively managed
- Primary point of contact to manage customer expectations and communication (including timetabled and ad hoc meetings) to ensure that the customer is informed on the project status and obtain customer approval and sign off on all major deliverables
- Manage the project team including assigning individual project tasks, holding regular meetings to monitor progress and ensuring all timesheets are completed on time
- Co-ordinate input from all project members including third party suppliers, and customer staff to ensure successful delivery
- Regular and ad hoc meetings with key BORN stakeholders to report project progress
- Responsible for overseeing the demand management across own projects, by understanding and anticipating project and resource volumes and dependencies as well as actively resolving and escalating issues and conflicts as appropriate
- Responsible for coordinating with the QA leads to ensure that the stage gate entry criteria are met in order to allow successful entry into internal test cycles and client UAT
- Responsible for co-ordinating with the technical design team to ensure that process streams completed documentation in line with the development and release management plans
- Identify resources needed and works with all agency functions to assign individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the team before presenting to client
- Ensures documents and major digital assets are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Managing internal QA testing including the development team system testing and integration testing.
- Experience in delivering large and complex Ecommerce projects
- Experience of Hybris or similar Ecommerce platforms
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in defining scope and requirements gathering documentation
- Sound understanding of the ecommerce landscape including ecommerce platforms
- Ecommerce project management experience, either within an agency, systems integration consultancy or within an online/digital department of an established retailer
- Experience in strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in senior stakeholder engagement
- Highly experienced in project planning
- Hybris, Magento or similar platform B2B and B2C implementations
- Extensive experience working with offshore teams
- Multi discipline team management experience
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
- Experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall project management
- Experience in working within dynamic, fast paced environments and can react quickly according to business changes
- Experience of working on projects from strategy, user experience, design, build, test and deployment
- Ability to resource plan, financial planning, control and reporting efficiently and effectively
- Experience of communicating and liaising with senior key stakeholders and project sponsors
- Process control, quality reviews and delivery of governance and documentation
- Experience in managing the delivery of complex projects of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in producing, Requests for Proposals, Project Statement of Works and other contractual documents
- Educated to bachelor degree level within a relevant degree subject matter or of graduate calibre
ABOUT BORN GROUP
BORN is a multi-channel content and commerce solutions company operating in the USA (NYC, SFO), Europe (London) and Asia (Singapore, HK, India). We are circa 500 highly motivated and dedicated people serving over 100 clients. We produce compelling, content in a variety of forms across a multitude of channels, from publishing to point of sale, through packaging, digital, social and mobile. Our globally balanced production services have a history of excellence dating back to 1987. We also make content transactional – via ecommerce.
Our vision is to provide tangible value to the business of our clients through high impact marketing solutions, by providing consulting services, enabling commerce and producing rich media, local and social content.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?