Senior Ecommerce Business Analyst
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
BORN Europe (based in London UK) are looking for a Senior Ecommerce Business Analyst to join their award winning ecommerce team reporting into Director of Ecommerce Projects (Europe). The purpose of the role is to lead the analysis/consulting engagements within complex digital project environments from the scoping stage through to refinement in delivery.
You will liaise closely with the client acting as a trusted advisor for them on all business analysis matters, interacting with a myriad of stakeholders internal and external on-site and offshore information architects, creatives/designers, developers and testers executing the work.
This role will suit someone who is: a natural leader, details orientated, experienced, self starting, and a well rounded technically savvy consultant. The role will require working on a variety of different digital/UX projects. You will play a huge role in ensuring the success of projects and in developing and driving continuous improvement in business analysis/consulting practice.
- Shaping/leading discovery requirements capture: consultancy engagements within global enterprise customer organisations. Leading teams consisting of Jnr BA’s, Solution Architects, UX consultants, SME’s to deliver well executed analysis packages enabling enterprise organisations to enter into UX/Creative or software/build contracts with Born.
- Crafting workshop packages (agenda’s) and materials
- Leading workshops
- Delivering platform demonstrations, training, advisory consulting
- Agile requirements capture and definition: writing well defined best practice agile (traditional) requirements in the form of:
- Functional requirements specifications
- Users stories
- Acceptance Criteria
- Producing requirements definition documentation/artefacts
- Solutions Architecture
- Agile Feature Map (Roadmap)
- Process Maps
- Entity relationship diagramming
- Data models
- UX wireframe annotation
- Interface specifications
- Non-functional requirements specification
- Subject Matter Expert in a variety of eCommerce Platforms
- SFCC, Demandware, Adobe Commerce Cloud, Magento, IBM WCS, Hybris or similar platform B2B and B2C implementations
- Advising on OOTB Capabilities vs extension
- Scrum Master: acting as a scrum master either as proxy (covering leave) or assigned outright working with cross functional development teams, upholding agile ceremony cadence, activity tracking velocity and course correcting where necessary
- JIRA Agile Boards/ Dashboards configuration and management
- Backlog refinement
- Unblocking teams
- Facilitating cross department/team/function communication
- Uphold Wiki and JIRA documentation standards
- Commercial: supporting the crafting SOW’s across a variety of consulting engagements or varying size and complexity (design/UX engagements, discovery requirements capture, software build projects)
Subject Matter Expert across multiple areas: whilst you may not be an expert in all areas, you will be expected to possess a high level understanding and or the ability to rapidly research, critically evaluate and produce recommendations (in conjunction with technical specialists) across a broad spectrum of subjects across the digital transformation/retail landscape, providing critical analysis across areas as described below:
- Systems Integration mapping: stock, order, pricing, product, API’s
- Product data modelling: catalogue hierarchy, attributes,
- Search: indexing, front end faceting, in-site search
- UX/UI: customer experience best practice, UX audit
- Payment Gateways & payment methods: including fraud screening
- Fulfillment & Returns Processing
- Stock Allocation / Reservation: ATP, ATS, SoH
- Taxation / cross border shipping
- Pricing and Promotions: engines
- Email service providers: transactional vs marketing emails
- Product personalisation (personalised messaging, gift wrapping)]
- Digital Asset Management: DAM and content repository solutions
- Ratings & Reviews providers
- Dynamic Recommendation Engines / Personalisation Tooling
- Marketing Technology: campaign execution and management
- CMS Technology: content editing
- Content Production lifecycle: photography,
- SEO: foundational knowledge of Site Tagging, data layer, best practice
- Omni-channel: market places, kiosks, in store technology
- Supporting Pre-sales: assisting with pre-sales enquiries relating to Born delivery team, demonstrating and pitching our consulting practices.
- Continuous Improvement: supporting the team/ Delivery Director by introducing new process improvement initiatives that increase quality/ efficiency within consulting practice.
- Internal stakeholder management: regular and ad hoc meetings with key BORN stakeholders
- Coach & Mentor to Business Analysts: helping to recruit and develop a business analysis practice in Europe (London).
- Minimum of 6 years experience in one or more of the following: SFCC, Demandware, Adobe Commerce Cloud, Magento, IBM WCS, Hybris or similar platform B2B and B2C implementations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Lead BA role large and complex ecommerce projects
- Sound understanding of the ecommerce landscape including critical technology integrating into ecommerce platforms
- Expert in the field of defining scope and requirements gathering documentation
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
- BA Consulting experience, either within an agency, systems integration consultancy or within an online/digital department of an established retailer
- Experience in strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in senior stakeholder engagement
- Extensive experience working with offshore teams
- Experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall project management
- Experience in working within dynamic, fast paced environments and can react quickly according to business changes
- Experience of working on projects from strategy, user experience, design, build, test and deployment
- Commercially aware with regards to financial and scope control
- Experience of communicating and liaising with senior key stakeholders and project sponsors
- Process control, quality reviews and delivery of governance and documentation
- Experience in managing the delivery of complex projects of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in producing, Requests for Proposals, Project Statement of Works and other contractual documents
- Technical background former developer/engineer
- Highly Analytical
- Confident assertive orator
- Educated to bachelor degree level within a relevant degree subject matter or of graduate calibre
ABOUT BORN GROUP
BORN is a multi-channel content and commerce solutions company operating in the USA (NYC, SFO, Montreal), Europe (London) and Asia (Singapore, HK, India). We are 500+ highly motivated and dedicated people serving over 100 clients. We produce compelling, content in a variety of forms across a multitude of channels, from publishing to point of sale, through packaging, digital, social and mobile. Our globally balanced production services have a history of excellence dating back to 1987. We also make content transactional – via ecommerce.
Our vision is to provide tangible value to the business of our clients through high impact marketing solutions, by providing consulting services, enabling commerce and producing rich media, local and social content.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?