Senior Ecommerce Project Manager
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
BORN Europe (based in London UK) are looking for a Senior Ecommerce Project Manager to join their award winning ecommerce team reporting into Director of Ecommerce Projects. The purpose of the role is to manage multiple complex ecommerce projects from the scoping stage through to delivery. You will liaise closely with the client updating them on the progress of work while overseeing a team of on-site and offshore information architects, designers, developers and testers executing the work.
This role will suit someone who is flexible, dynamic and experienced in stakeholder management, as the role will require working on a variety of different projects.
- Hands on Project management: of transactional and non- transactional digital projects, based on industry leading platforms: SFCC, Demandware, Adobe Commerce Cloud, Magento, IBM WCS, Hybris or similar platform B2B and B2C implementations. Specific focus on Governance
- Active RAID Management
- Reporting (sprint, project, steering committee)
- Leading planning
- Controlling project finances and protecting margin
- Identifying and handling sensitive discussions around change control with senior customer stakeholders
- Stakeholder engagement: driving cross team and customer communications
- Leads projects with a laser focussed on scope control and delivering to contracted deliverables SOW
- Scrum Master: leading cross functional development teams, upholding agile ceremony cadence, activity tracking velocity and course correcting where necessary
- JIRA Agile Boards/ Dashboards configuration and management
- Backlog refinement
- Unblocking teams
- Facilitating cross department/team/function communication
- Uphold Wiki and JIRA documentation standards
- Commercial: crafting SOW’s across a variety of consulting engagements or varying size and complexity (design/UX engagements, discovery requirements capture, software build projects)
- Shaping/Leading discovery requirements capture: consultancy engagements within global enterprise customer organisations. Leading teams consisting of BA’s, Solution Architects, UX consultants, SME’s to deliver well executed analysis packages enabling enterprise organisations to enter into software build contracts with Born.
- Resourcing: forward planning for pending projects/pipeline and following correct internal procedures to secure resources
- Supporting Pre-sales: assisting with pre-sales enquiries relating to Born delivery team.
- Internal stakeholder management: regular and ad hoc meetings with key BORN
- Continuous Improvement: supporting the team/ delivery director by introducing new process improvement initiatives that increase quality/ efficiency
- Coaching & Mentoring: supporting junior members of the team, leading by example, encouraging all team members development
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in defining scope and requirements gathering documentation
- Minimum of 6 years experience of SFCC, Demandware, Adobe Commerce Cloud, Magento, IBM WCS, Hybris or similar platform B2B and B2C implementations
- Sound understanding of the ecommerce landscape including critical technology integrating into ecommerce platforms
- Ecommerce project management experience, either within an agency, systems integration consultancy or within an online/digital department of an established retailer
- Experience in strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in senior stakeholder engagement
- Minimum of 5 years experience in delivering large and complex ecommerce projects
- Extensive experience working with offshore teams
- Multi discipline team management experience
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
- Experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall project management
- Experience in working within dynamic, fast paced environments and can react quickly according to business changes
- Experience of working on projects from strategy, user experience, design, build, test and deployment
- Ability to resource plan, financial planning, control and reporting efficiently and effectively
- Experience of communicating and liaising with senior key stakeholders and project sponsors
- Process control, quality reviews and delivery of governance and documentation
- Experience in managing the delivery of complex projects of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in producing, Requests for Proposals, Project Statement of Works and other contractual documents
- Educated to bachelor degree level within a relevant degree subject matter or of graduate calibre
ABOUT BORN GROUP
BORN is a multi-channel content and commerce solutions company operating in the USA (NYC, SFO, Montreal), Europe (London) and Asia (Singapore, HK, India). We are 500+ highly motivated and dedicated people serving over 100 clients. We produce compelling content in a variety of forms across a multitude of channels, from publishing to point of sale, through packaging, digital, social and mobile. Our globally balanced production services have a history of excellence dating back to 1987. We also make content transactional – via ecommerce.
Our vision is to provide tangible value to the business of our clients through high impact marketing solutions, by providing consulting services, enabling commerce and producing rich media, local and social content.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?