Senior eCommerce Project Manager Role
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
BORN North America is looking for a Senior Ecommerce Project Manager to join their award winning ecommerce team reporting into Director of Ecommerce Projects. The purpose of the role is to manage multiple complex ecommerce projects from the scoping stage through to delivery. You will liaise closely with the client updating them on the progress of work while overseeing a team of on-site and offshore information architects, designers, developers and testers executing the work.
This role will suit someone who is flexible, dynamic and experienced in stakeholder management, as the role will require working on a variety of different projects.
****eCommerce experience is a must
A qualified Project Manager has 3-5 years experience managing the delivery of technology solutions to Clients. They oversee the full lifecycle of a software development project using Agile methodologies. This includes managing the project scope and priorities, ensuring project transparency and working with the technical team to deliver functionality to meet client acceptance criteria.
- Developing a project plan conveying the continuous delivery of project outcomes from the project solution teams.
- Developing a financial view of the project in terms of cost and duration.
- Partnering with an internal technical lead and client teams to identify the various roles required by the project to meet project delivery goals.
- Consulting with the client on best practices and processes for delivering and maintaining solutions.
- Managing distributed development teams.
- Collaborating with business sponsors, business owners, analysts, developers and testing teams.
- Identifying and quickly resolving project roadblocks.
- Managing risks and issues related to projects.
- Facilitating scope management across the project.
- Leading the team in the identification of project roles and responsibilities.
- Developing remedies to problems and issues by bringing the right people into the resolution process at the right time.
- Anticipating problems and managing the risks related to the project.
- Providing the Project Steering Board with project overview and status.
- Providing project and release statuses back to Project Sponsor and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Facilitating cross-organizational communication.
- Managing dependencies
- Supporting cross-organizational group needs and expectations (i.e. Testing, Training, Production Deployment & Support, Help Desk, Third Party Vendors, Partners)
- Owns the release plan.
- 3-5 years digital agency and/or professional services experience.
- 3-5 years managing software projects with at least 5 resources (preferably in an eCommerce context, inclusive of Creative and UX).
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including polished presentation skills: you will regularly present project status / demo software to all levels client organizations.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology (Scrum and/or XP). Experience taking proactive action to improve project velocity and code reliability
BORN is a multi-channel content and commerce solutions company operating in the USA (NYC, SFO, Montreal), Europe (London) and Asia (Singapore, HK, India). We are 512 highly motivated and dedicated people serving over 100 clients. We produce compelling, content in a variety of forms across a multitude of channels, from publishing to point of sale, through packaging, digital, social and mobile. Our globally balanced production services have a history of excellence dating back to 1987. We also make content transactional – via ecommerce.
Our vision is to provide tangible value to the business of our clients through high impact marketing solutions, by providing consulting services, enabling commerce and producing rich media, local and social content.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?