Senior Magento Developer
BORN are looking for a Senior Magento Developer to join our team, working in our office located in London. If you are an expert Magento developer, willing to push the boundaries of your knowledge and drive your career forward working for a Global Elite Magento partner we want to hear from you.
BORN has a unique blend of Commerce, Creative and Content experts and your role will be to lead the technical solutionizing for our clients from our continually increasing and varied portfolio spanning many industries and sectors.
- Design, develop and implement Magento 2 eCommerce solutions
- Integrate with major external systems including ERP, CRM, OMS, payment gateway system, middleware, and other systems
- Participation in post-sales technical scoping, requirements gathering, and solution creation & review
- Evaluating clients’ 1st and 3rd party data integration, technology vendor requirements, and developing integration strategies for the platform
- Prepare and provide client facing technical follow-up calls and documentation
- Work closely with other developers to create standardized processes and solutions
- Keep up to date with all industry changes and latest methodology within the commerce industry
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with PHP and Magento
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Magento2
- Fluent in English
- Ability to articulate the omni-channel end to end commerce value proposition
- Strong integration and architectural knowledge of the Magento platform
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Exceptional problem solving
- Expert PHP and Object Oriented Programming skills
- Experience working with open source LAMP/LEMP stack, particularly PHP and MySQL, and the use of creation of third party libraries and frameworks
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Good team player who can work with people of all levels / backgrounds
- Working knowledge shopping cart development with shipping, payment gateway integration for E-commerce websites
- Build API’s that integrate with all majors ERP, CRM, and other systems
- Experience of working in the following industry sectors: retail, media/entertainment and/or computer/product manufacturing
- Enterprise architecture knowledge and experience such as Infrastructure, Applications, E-Commerce Integration Structure (EAI)
- Complimentary market knowledge/competitive landscape in assisted service, self service, commerce, marketing services, content/knowledge management, analytics, CRM, multi channel
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present business solutions to senior executives as well as technology to engineers
- Experience of defining and managing the scope of projects
- Development of new Magento plugins
- Contribution of Magento open source development
Headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Hong Kong and Chennai, BORN has been pioneering industry-defining solutions since its formation in 1984. The company’s expert personnel and wholly-owned, purpose-built facilities enable it to provide truly integrated solutions spanning commerce, creative and content.
Working with many Blue chip clients, BORN is a dynamic working environment and a culture of entrepreneurship , flexibility, and respect. BORN is an exciting, fulfilling place to learn, develop and fulfill potential with a likeminded team of passionate, professional and talented BORN’ies.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, colour, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?