Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
BORN is currently seeking a proactive and passionate Senior UX Designer to join the New York Creative team.
In this role you will be responsible for owning the overall user experience of assigned projects from start to finish, mentoring junior team members, and supporting the business development team on a variety of high-profile projects.
Applicants should have experience utilizing key UX processes, principles, and trends as well as an ability to work fast and manage their own time. We are looking for energetic and talented candidates who have a portfolio of standout work under their belts. There are NO egos on our team (nor are they welcome), so if that sounds good to you, you’ll fit right in!
- Sell the benefits of BORN’s UX process to key stakeholders and prospective clients by explaining why a solid UX strategy is good for business
- Assist the business development team and UX Director in client-facing pitches, deck creation, estimations and proposals
- Solve clients’ UX challenges, build strong client relationships and communicate UX deliverables clearly and succinctly
- Plan and execute competitor, market and customer research
- Design and facilitate client workshops to understand and inspire our clients’ vision
- Gather and translate customer and business requirements into defined specifications
- Develop and maintain information architecture and prototyping deliverables that push the boundaries of incredible user experience using tools such as Sketch and InVision
- Define innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Communicate with staff to provide direction, feedback, and design decisions
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, including client management
We’d like you to have:
- A minimum of 8 years experience in web design in a dedicated UX, IA, or IxD role
- A portfolio of web-based UX work demonstrating a strong and strategic UX practice
- Designed and launched e-commerce sites, B2B and B2C
- Must have a proven record in producing high-caliber UX deliverables and selling the benefits of UX, experience working on large and complex digital projects
- Proven, hands on experience in Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle (or similar) and InVision with ability to create the entire information architecture and high fidelity prototypes
- Ability to create strong prototypes for client presentations in a variety of prototyping programs (we build 90%+ of our projects in Sketch + InVision)
- Experience leading UX Workshops using Design Sprint methodologies (or similar)
- Experience working with developers on multiple platforms and in a range of software development methodologies (ie. waterfall, Agile, Lean, Kanban, Iterative, remote teams, etc.
- A detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, possessing strong time management and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to do a moderate amount of travelling domestically/internationally
- Previous experience with the Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) and/or SAP Hybris platforms
- Knowledge of InVision Studio, InVision DSM and Adobe XD
- Knowledge of creating advanced prototype animation in tools such as Principal, Flinto and Proto.io (or similar)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Keynote
- SKIP THE COVER LETTER
- Include a PDF of your resume
- Include a URL to your online portfolio (personal website, Behance, Dribbble, etc.)
- A URL to your LinkedIn profile (if applicable)
- We’re currently only soliciting candidates authorized to work in the U.S. at this time
- Candidates must be able to work in our NY office
If selected for an interview:
Please be prepared to present at least 1-2 strong case studies demonstrating your UX process & solution from initial discovery to launch.
Think you've got what it takes?