Sr. Back-End Developer - Demandware
- 3-5 years of e-commerce implementations
- Experience in Demandware implementations
- Experience in working with APIs and 3rd party system integration
- WordPress experience a plus
- Demonstrable Object Oriented experience
- Good understanding of current HTML/CSS/XHTML standards
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining web software applications
- Debugging and troubleshooting software defects
- Creating and maintaining code documentation
- Taking initiative to research and learn emerging technologies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related. Masters Degree preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage technical teams for the full lifecycle of a implementation including complete technical diagraming, technical specifications and
- Demandware subject matter expert beyond the basic certification, but to include significant project experience and share knowledge with the team and
- Mentor and grow newer, less experienced developers on the team.
- You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements, quality control and efficiency measures
- This exciting and varied role will require a strong coder who is able to work under their own initiative and has experience building modular content management systems and e-commerce applications.
- The ideal candidate is capable of thinking the big picture when it comes to development, and able to code defensively. You will be comfortable dealing with customers, but this will not be the core focus of this role. This is a hands-on role that lies at the core of our organization requiring a true all-rounder.
- Participating in the review of business requirements and functional specifications providing analysis and feedback
- Delivering software code that is built to scope and within the agreed upon goals
- Working as a team member on large accounts, understanding how a team operates and what is expected of the various roles on the project
- Rapidly producing interim deliverables (such as prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application.
- Providing day-to-day support, troubleshooting and bug fixing for our existing clients
- Partnering with project managers to communicate any risks or possible delays
Think you've got what it takes?