User Experience Lead
BORN is currently seeking a proactive and passionate Experience Lead to join the New York Creative team.
In this role you will be responsible for owning the overall user experience of assigned programs of work from start to finish, leading project teams, and supporting the business development team on a variety of high-profile projects and pitches.
Applicants should have experience driving key UX processes and trends as well as an ability to guide their teams to project completion. We are looking for energetic and talented candidates who have a portfolio of standout work under their belts.
- Lead teams in solving clients’ UX challenges, build strong client relationships, and communicate UX deliverables clearly and succinctly
- Sell the benefits of BORN’s UX process to key stakeholders and prospective clients by explaining why a solid UX strategy is good for business
- Plan and execute competitor, market and customer research including ethnographic studies and usability testing
- Design and facilitate client co-creation workshops to understand and inspire our clients’ vision
- Gather and translate customer and business requirements into defined specifications
- Develop and maintain information architecture and prototyping deliverables that push the boundaries of incredible user experience using tools such as Sketch and InVision
- Design innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Assist the business development team in client-facing pitches, deck creation, estimations, and proposals
- Communicate with staff to provide direction, feedback, and design decisions
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, including client management
We’d like you to have:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in web design in a dedicated UX, IA, or IxD role
- Experience leading others to deliver project work in an agency environment
- A portfolio of web-based UX work demonstrating a strong and strategic UX practice
- Designed and launched e-commerce and marketing sites for B2C and B2B
- Must have a proven record in producing high-caliber UX deliverables and selling the benefits of UX, experience working on large and complex digital projects
- Proven, hands on experience in Sketch, InVision, Omnigraffle, and Keynote with ability to create the entire information architecture and high fidelity prototypes
- Ability to create strong prototypes for client presentations in a variety of prototyping programs
- Experience leading UX Workshops using design thinking methodologies and co-creation techniques
- Experience working with developers on multiple platforms and in a range of software development methodologies (ie. waterfall, Agile, Lean, Kanban, Iterative, remote teams, etc.)
- A detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, possessing strong time management and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to do a moderate amount of travelling domestically/internationally
- Previous experience with the Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) and/or SAP Hybris platforms
- Knowledge of creating advanced prototype animation in tools such as Principal, Flinto and Proto.io (or similar)
- SKIP THE COVER LETTER
- Include a PDF of your resume
- Include a URL to your online portfolio (personal website, Behance, Dribbble, etc.)
- A URL to your LinkedIn profile (if applicable)
- We’re currently only soliciting candidates authorized to work in the U.S. at this time
- Candidates must be able to work in our NY office
If selected for an interview:
Please be prepared to present at least 1-2 strong case studies demonstrating your UX process & solution from initial discovery to launch.
Think you've got what it takes?