UX Designer (Mid-level)
UX Designer (Mid-Level)
BORN is currently seeking a proactive and passionate Mid-Level UX Designer to join the New York Creative team.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the UX team leads as well as the business development team on a variety of high-profile projects.
Applicants should have experience utilizing key UX processes, principles, and trends as well as an ability to work fast and manage their own time. We are looking for energetic and talented candidates who have a portfolio of standout work under their belts. There are NO egos on our team (nor are they welcome), so if that sounds good to you, you’ll fit right in!
- Own medium and small-scale projects from start to finish under the guidance of fellow UX/Creative leads
- Plan and execute competitor, market and customer research
- Assist in the design and facilitation of client workshops to understand and inspire our clients’ vision
- Gather and translate customer and business requirements into defined specifications
- Develop and maintain information architecture and prototyping deliverables that push the boundaries of incredible experience using tools such as Sketch and InVision
- Define innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Collaborate with neighboring departments throughout each phase of the project cycle to drive decisions, reusability, mitigate issues and ensure that business and tech specifications are implemented
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, including client management
We’d like you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in web design in a dedicated UX, IA, or IxD role
- A portfolio of web-based UX work with experience in e-commerce sites, B2B and B2C
- Solid understanding of key user experience concepts/best practices and how it fits into the world of responsive web design
- Proven, hands on experience in Sketch, Omnigraffle (or similar), Axure and InVision with the ability to create the entire information architecture (we build 90%+ of our projects in Sketch + InVision)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and experience in a client-facing role
- Basic knowledge of agile, lean and Iterative methodologies
- Basic understanding of “mobile first” methodologies
- Ability to create a basic clickable prototype
- Ability to articulate your design decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and experience using this in a client-facing role
- Great work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- A detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, possessing strong time management and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of InVision Studio, InVision DSM and Adobe XD
- Knowledge of creating advanced prototype animation in tools such as Principal, Flinto and Proto.io (or similar)
- Experience leading UX Workshops using Design Sprint methodologies (or similar)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Keynote
- Candidates must be able to work in our NY office – no exceptions
- SKIP THE COVER LETTER
- Include a PDF of your resume
- Include a URL to your online portfolio (personal website, Behance, Dribbble, etc.)
- A URL to your LinkedIn profile (if applicable)
- We’re currently only soliciting candidates authorized to work in the U.S. at this time
- No recruiters, please
If selected for an interview:
Please be prepared to present at least 1-2 strong case studies demonstrating your UX process & solution from initial discovery to launch
About BORN Group
BORN is a multi-channel content and commerce solutions company operating in the USA (NYC, SFO, Montreal), Europe (London) and Asia (Singapore, HK, India). We are 700+ highly motivated and dedicated people serving over 100 clients. We produce compelling content in a variety of forms across a multitude of channels, from publishing to point of sale, through packaging, digital, social and mobile. Our globally balanced production services have a history of excellence dating back to 1987. We also make content transactional – via ecommerce.
Our vision is to provide tangible value to the business of our clients through high impact marketing solutions, by providing consulting services, enabling commerce and producing rich media, local and social content.
BORN is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made on the basis of valid job qualifications regardless of race, color, faith, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Think you've got what it takes?