BORN, an award-winning global digital agency is currently searching for a passionate User Experience Lead to join their Chennai/Bangalore team.
The UX Lead will partner with the Creative team to inspire and bring the award-winning quality and company vision to the many familiar brands, (including B2B expertise) and clients we work with in the e-commerce space. We expect the UX Lead to be ready to jump in on current projects, as well as help to grow new business and UX practice within the company.
- Lead and grow a small UX team, be a mentor to them, and provide feedback and oversight on production work and deliverables.
- Build and establish strong client relationships.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills: You seek out constructive criticism and feedback as a natural part of your process. You communicate with staff to provide direction and feedback. You are great at explaining why good design is good for business.
- Work towards building a strong UX practice within the agency. Ability to prototype and sketch out ideas
- Contribute to and manage the UX team through problem-framing, not problem-solving – the UX team solves problems with the guidance of the UX Director to ensure an excellent quality of work.
- Translate business strategies into design opportunities for staff.
- Connect the values and passions of the staff to the work that aligns with the greater business strategy.
- Enjoy providing guidance and direction to the UX team with a wide range of experience (primarily from Junior to Mid-level staff).
- Facilitate professional development for team members with a wide range of experience.
- Be mindful of project timelines, efficiency, and productivity.
- Ready to lead, change, and inspire with the work you do.
We’d like you to have:
- Experience as part of a world-class UX team.
- Proven, hands on experience on Axure Pro, Sketch, Omnigraffle, ability to create the entire information architecture and high fidelity prototypes quickly
- Designed and launched e-commerce sites, B2B and B2C.
- Worked in a client-facing design role in a range of industries.
- Excellent problem-framing and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholder management.
- Experience working with developers on multiple platforms and in a range of software development methodologies (ie. waterfall, Agile, Lean, Kanban, remote teams, etc.).
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a strong UX practice.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Have a can-do attitude and no problem getting your hands dirty with the team most of the times
- Previous experience with hybris, Magento and/or Demandware platforms is a plus.
Think you've got what it takes?