Kindly note that this Privacy Notice will be restructured to reflect any modifications in the process of handling your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
This Privacy Notice provides everything you need to know about how BORN Group Inc. and/or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries and a company under a common control that (“BORN” or “We” or “us”) protect the personal data, process and control relating to you (“personal data”) and which rights you have in relation to the processing of your personal data.
BORN understands that privacy is an important concern of visitors to our website located at www.borngroup.com. This Privacy Notice is intended to inform you of our policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of any information you submit to us through our website or we collect as a result of your visit to our website so you can obtain the level of privacy you prefer.
BORN is an award-winning global digital agency with a core focus on creative, content and commerce. We help brands create powerful media assets, tell their story meaningfully, and sell their products and services across the world.
What information do we collect?
This website may collect and process data that you provide to us about you, for example through filling out forms, and other information that are described under the title of “Information about your visit to this Website” of this Privacy Notice.
- Process of collection of data We will process your personal data for the purposes mentioned under this Privacy Notice based on your prior consent, to the extent such consent is mandatory under applicable laws.To the extent you are asked to click on/check “I accept”, “I agree” or similar buttons/checkboxes/functionalities in relation to a privacy statement, doing so will be considered as providing your consent to process your personal data, only in the countries where such consent is required by mandatory law. In other countries, such action will be considered as a mere acknowledgement of the processing of your personal data.We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorized by law, or it is in your own vital interest (e.g. in case of a medical emergency) to do so.
- Subscribe to receive our newsletter We collect your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company when you subscribe to BORN Newsletter. In addition to our newsletter, we may periodically send additional emails, which we think you may find useful. If you’ve signed up for email responses, you can unsubscribe by contacting us at any time by emailing to [email protected]. We will never share your information other than for the purpose for which it was provided to us.We are not responsible or liable for the content of any linked website and cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using the information or services on linked websites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time.Websites that we link to may have ‘Terms and conditions’ that are different from ours. Do not assume that our ‘Terms and conditions’ apply to other third party websites.
- Security and virus protection No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, such transmission is at your own risk. We will not be liable for any damages or loss arising out of or resulting from any unauthorised access to, alteration to or modification of information contained on this website.We make every effort to check and test our website during production. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system. It is always wise for you to run an updated anti-virus program on anything you download from the internet.We accept no liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your computer system or your data caused by using this website or arising as a result of having used the website. We secure your information during transmission by encryption.
- Information we collect from you Information that we may automatically collect in relation to your visits to this website does not identify you personally. It provides us with data about how you use https://www.borngroup.com/ and engage with us. We use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you. The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Technical information We collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address and details of which type of web browser you used.
- Children’s Privacy We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information. Kindly write to us at [email protected] for any further queries on this regard.
Information about your visit to this Website
We collect data about your visit to the website. Once again this information does not identify you personally. This data includes:
- The pages you visited, when you visited and the duration of visit;
- The website address from which you accessed this site;
- The website address from which you exited this site;
- Internet browser and devices used; and
- We collect information on how you use the site, through cookies.
- What we do with the information we collect? We use the information that we collect to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, including the following:
- respond to any request/feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to send email response to you, if you requested them; and
- provide you with information about business support, if you want it analyse, evaluate and improve this website.
- Where will your data be stored? We store your data on secure servers in the European Union (EU).
- Where will your personal data be processed? As a global organization with offices and operations throughout the world, personal data we collect may be transferred or be accessible internationally throughout BORN’s global business and between its entities and affiliates.
- How long do we keep your information? We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. Information will be anonymized or deleted stored and then destroyed in line with industry standards.The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you have unsubscribed from a service (eg. email newsletter); and
- you exercise your right to have the information erased and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
BORN takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
- Encryption of data during transit (HTTPS);
- Restricted access to only authorized personnel through authentication and password mechanisms;
- Implementation of anti-malware software; and
- Network protection through firewalls
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section under this Privacy Notice.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
As noted in the ‘What we do with the information we collect?’ section of this Privacy Notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out thorough a Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (“LIA”) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing direct marketing emailers / phone calls and have identified that our interests are to provide you with high quality, best in industry, performance support system to ease and improve user on boarding, support and training.
BORN will occasionally send you marketing material / offers related to our services by email and tele-conversation that have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time. Personally identifiable information collected / stored under this legitimate interests’ basis is protected by the same security measures listed in the ‘Safeguarding Measures’ section above.
Do we combine and analyse personal data?
BORN may combine data from publicly available sources, and from our different e-mail, website, and personal interactions with you and information collected when you sign-up or log on to our sites or connect to our sites using your social media credentials (such as LinkedIn and Facebook etc. We may combine this data to provide our services in a better manner and to perform the other actions described under this Privacy Notice.
Who do we share your information with?
We may transfer personal data to our service providers, professional advisors, public and governmental authorities or third parties in connection with a (potential) corporate or commercial transaction. Such third parties may be located in other countries. Before we do so, we shall take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data will be given adequate protection as required by relevant data privacy laws/applicable laws and BORN’s internal policies. BORN may also transfer your personal data to any of its global affiliates/partners in furtherance of any visits to our BORN locations.
Unless you are otherwise notified, any transfers of your personal data from within the European Economic Area (EEA) to third parties outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by the standard contractual clauses (a copy of which can be obtained through the contact information included below). Any other non-EEA related transfers of your personal data will take place in accordance with the appropriate international data transfer mechanisms and standards.
Where the processing is based on point (f) of Article 6(1) “processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party”, details of the legitimate interests.
The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data (if applicable).
In other hand, if applicable, BORN intends to transfer the personal data to a third country or international BORN organisation(s) and the existence/absence of an adequacy decision by the commission of BORN.
BORN intends to transfer the personal data to a third country or international BORN organisation without an adequate decision by the commission, reference to the appropriate or suitable safeguards that we has put into place and the means by which to obtain a copy of them or where they have been made available.
BORN will not sell your personal information for any reason.
Collection of sensitive data
In general, we do not collect sensitive data through this website or otherwise. In the limited cases where we do collect such data in accordance with applicable law requirements and/or ask for your consent.
“Sensitive data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offences (including information about suspected criminal activities).
What about data security?
BORN maintain organizational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we collect through this website. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake.
We have regular audit performed by a leading third party provider, which continues to show the strength of our technical defences and controls the data leakage.
As an individual whose personal data is processed by BORN, its affiliates, partners and subcontractors, you have:
- The right to be informed Transparency is a key requirement of data protection law. You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This privacy notice is designed to provide you with the information needed to allow you to see how and why your personal data is used when visiting this website.
- The right to access the data we hold on you You also have the right to ask for the personal data that we have about you to increase your awareness of and allow you to verify the lawfulness of the processing. To protect your privacy we may ask you to verify your identity.
- The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate If you believe that personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or misleading then you have the right to request that it is rectified.
- The right to erasure In some circumstances, you can ask for your personal information to be deleted, for example:
- your personal information is no longer needed for the reason it was collected in the first place;
- you have removed your consent for us to use your information (where there is no other legal reason us to use it); and
- there is no legal reason for the use of your information.
- The right of data portability Where you have provided your personal data directly to us that is processed by automated means and is done so purely on the basis of your consent, then you will have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in an electronic format for your own purposes across different services.
- The right of Anti-discrimination We shall not discriminate because you have exercised any of your rights under the law. We are aware that discrimination includes refusing to serve a customer or charging them at a different price because they have not given permission to use (e.g. for marketing purpose) their data.
- The right to object to direct marketing You have an unconditional right to object to direct marketing at any time. As noted within this privacy notice www.borngroup.com will not send you direct marketing without your consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
- The right to object to processing of your personal data Processing is the term under data protection law that describes all uses of your personal data. This will include the collection, sharing, storage, retention and destruction of your data.You have the right to object any aspect of our processing of your personal data:
- that is processed for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- that is processed based on BORN’s legitimate interests;
- that is processed for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics; and
- if it involves any automated decision making or profiling carried out by BORN.
If you would like to exercise your right of access in relation to information held on you by BORN, email: [email protected].
How to contact us
If you have any specific data protection queries or concerns, you can address it to BORN’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected] (preferably electronically) or via post, to attention of the Data Privacy Officer, BORN Commerce Private Limited. 2nd Floor, Hardy towers, Ramanujan IT SEZ, TRIL Infopark Limited, Taramani, Chennai-600113, Tamil Nadu, India.
How can you make a complaint about how your data is processed?
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of how BORN processes your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Future changes to this Website’s Privacy Notice will be published on this page and, where appropriate, sent to you by email notification. Please check back frequently to read any updates or changes to this Privacy Notice.